St. Patrick’s Day always feels like the definitive end of winter (did we have winter this year?) and beginning of spring in Ocean City, Maryland.
I take it as a sign of good luck that St. Patrick’s Day, March 17, actually falls on a Saturday in 2012, which is convenient for our Ocean City St. Patrick’s Day Parade, which is always held on a Saturday regardless.
And it’s double good luck for seasonal job seekers, because the annual Ocean City Summer Jobs Fair will also take place this year on St. Patrick’s Day, Saturday, March 17, 2012.
Times and places are as follows:
- Ocean City Jobs Fair, Saturday, March 17, at the Convention Center, 40th Street and Coastal Highway. 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. For best results come early, dress like you’re serious, and bring multiple copies of your resume or job experience and qualifications. Also helpful: your driver’s license or official state ID card, Social Security card, and list of references. Did I mention dress like you’re serious? A summer job in Ocean City is not a paid vacation at the beach, but it is a good opportunity to earn some money and get some experience for your resume. For more information call 410-213-0144.
- St. Patrick’s Day Festival and Parade. Festival starts at 10 a.m., and the parade steps off at 12 noon. Pray to St. Patrick for nice weather. Annual parade & festival celebrates the “wearin o’ the green.” The parade is an Ocean City tradition including marching bands, floats, and more. The festival opens at 10 a.m. at 45th Street & Coastal Highway. The parade starts at noon from 61st Street south on Coastal Highway to 45th Street.
- St. Patrick’s Day 5K Run on the Boardwalk. Sign up is behind Shenanigans’ Pub, which is in the Shoreham Hotel at 4th Street and the Boardwalk. The run begins at 9 a.m. Arrive early to sign up. Entry fee is $28.
- Irish music at Shenanigans’ and other venues throughout Ocean City.
– John Hayden
- A Winter Ocean City Getaway: Spectacular, Not Stupid (thesocialsonictraveler.wordpress.com)
- St. Patrick’s Day Recipes for Kids (2wired2tired.com)
- 10 St. Patrick’s Day alternatives to Dublin, Ireland (gadling.com)
- St. Patrick’s Day Desserts (makingtimeformommy.com)
- St. Patricks Day in DC (georgetownsuites.wordpress.com)